Fertility care tailored to your family’s needs
Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health is Canada’s leading full-service fertility and IVF centre. We are committed to providing exceptional reproductive health care in a comfortable, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
Our world-class embryology lab utilizes the industry’s most cutting edge science and technology to maximize your opportunity for success.
Our specialists are available to help you navigate the unique needs of a collaborative family planning process; we want to make your journey to parenthood as smooth and stress-free as possible. The entire Anova takes pride in helping members of the LGBTQ+ community become parents; we would be hounoured to be part of your journey.
Here are 5 top reasons why Canada is a preferred destination for international intended parents:
- High-quality medical care – Canada’s universal medical care is internationally recognized for its excellent care standards. Medical care is free to Canadians through their provincial coverage, which means that Canadian surrogates have their standard medical expenses covered, such as her obstetric and delivery care.
- Affordability -Surrogacy and egg donation are altruistic in Canada, meaning that egg donors and surrogates cannot be compensated for their services. For intended parents, this does result in lower total costs especially when combined with the Canadian currency. Compared to American options, international intended parents report approximately a 50% reduction.
- Surrogacy is legal in Canada – As opposed to other countries that prohibit all forms of surrogacy (such as France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Bulgaria), surrogacy and egg donation are legal in Canada.
- Automatic parental rights at birth – Intended parents are granted legal parental rights shortly after birth. Additionally, the child would have the right to claim Canadian citizenship and a Canadian passport.
- LGBTQ+ friendly – Anti-discrimination laws in Canada respect and protect the LGBTQ+ community. Discrimination based on sexual orientation or marital status is not tolerated.
Dr. Marjorie Dixon MD, FRCSC, FACOG, REI
Founder and Medical Director of Anova Fertility
Dr. Dixon founded Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health with the vision of a reproductive medicine centre where evidence-based medical care could be balanced with compassion for any person who requires assistance to create their families.
With over 18 years of reproductive health experience, Dr. Dixon has taken the approach of educating to empower – with both patients and peers. In addition to presenting at international conferences, she is involved in physician/community outreach, offering lectures and information sessions to facilitate patients’ management through the often challenging process of dealing with infertility.
To further public education, Dr. Dixon was involved in developing a documentary for the Discovery Channel, looking at the human reproductive system. She is a staunch advocate for women’s health and the right to a family for the LGBTQ community. In 2018 she won the RBC Canadian Women of Influence Momentum Award and, in 2017, was recognized as the YMCA Woman of Distinction.
In 2020/2021, Dr. Dixon is proud to be a Perspectives Columnist for the organization Women of Influence.
If you would like to find out more, or speak with Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health, please complete and submit this contact form.